It’s Monday – let’s talk menopause! We are going to be talking about moods, mood swings and all things perimenopause and menopause, on Monday, December 13, 2021, from noon – 1 pm. Join us on Facebook or Instagram live as Krista Margolis chats about all things menopause. You can also send us questions ahead of time on this topic or upcoming ones that you’d like to have covered. Fill out the form on our Mondays: Let’s Talk Menopause page. Each month we will feature the main topic and follow up with a recap of the key takeaways here. We look forward to seeing you!
In This Episode
Key takeaways from the episode are:
- Nurse Practitioner Krista Margolis discusses moods (and mood swings) during perimenopause and menopause.
- Common mood changes include irritability, depression, anxiety, purposelessness, and fear.
- Estrogen helps to regulate hormones, including our “happy hormones.” When estrogen fluctuates or decreases, women may experience mood swings and emotions that aren’t ‘typical’ for them.
- Perimenopause and menopause can be like a snowglobe—everything may feel shaken and chaotic, but it will calm down over time!
- There are many ways to help stabilize mood swings, including hormone treatments, anti-depressants, and natural options such as exercise, choosing healthy foods, finding ways to reduce and manage stress, good sleep, and symptom management.
- Acupuncture may provide relief for a variety of symptoms and moods.
Disclaimer: The content of the live cast is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended as, nor should it be considered a substitute for, professional medical advice. Do not use the information during this live cast for diagnosing or treating any medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have a medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider. You can schedule an appointment at https://www.southdaleobgyn.com/appointments