To be completed between 26-28 weeks (unless early testing is indicated):
- Please plan to be at your appointment for just over 1 hour.
- On the day of your appointment, you may eat and drink normally prior to your visit. For the most accurate results, please limit the amount of sugars you consume before the test.
- Upon arrival to the clinic, check in at the front desk for your appointment.
- One of our Medical Assistants will call you back to obtain your vital signs and provider you with a sweetened drink called glucola. You will drink this in our lab. It MUST be consumed between 3 to 5 minutes.
- Once the glucola have been consumed in its entirety, the Medical Assistant will give you a timer set for one hour. We must draw your blood one hour from the time you have completed your glucola.
- DO NOT eat or drink anything except for water for one hour.
- When the timer rings, return to the lab immediately. If you are in an exam room, inform the provider or a medical assistant it is time for your blood draw.
- You will receive results within 1 to 2 business days of your test. If you have not been contacted within 2 business days, please call us at 952-435-9595.
Updated: October 18, 2018