Welcome to our first episode of Menopause Mondays! We are helping you beat the heat on Monday, June 14, 2021 from noon – 1 pm. Join us on Facebook or Instagram live as Krista Margolis chats about all things menopause. You can also send us questions ahead of time on this topic or upcoming ones that you’d like to have covered. Fill out the form on our Menopause Mondays page. Each month we will feature the main topic and follow up with a recap of the key takeaways here. We look forward to seeing you!
Questions Answered In This Episode:
- What is perimenopause?
- What are the common symptoms of perimenopause?
- Is night sweating normal? YES!! It may not be fun but it is normal.
- How can you help with hot flashes and night sweats?
- Cotton sheets
- Fan lightly blowing
- Foods to avoid – caffeine, wine, hot and spicy foods
- What foods can help with hot flashes? (soy in moderation, flaxseed)
- What other lifestyle changes can help with hot flashes and night sweats? (herbal support, relaxation techniques, acupuncture, regular exercise especially weight training, diet changes, managing mental health especially emotional wellness)
- When should I get tested to see if I’m in menopause vs going through perimenopause?
- Can weight gain attribute to more hot flashes?
- How hormone fluctuations that cause hot flashes also can create irregular bleeding as menstrual cycles decrease.
- What other complaints are commonly connected to hot flashes and night sweats? (weight gain, vaginal dryness, decreased libido, irregular bleeding, brain fog, restless nights of sleep and more)
Don’t forget to come back on Monday, July 19 for the next episode “Food for Thought: Choosing Menopause Friendly Foods”!
Disclaimer: The content of the live cast is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended as, nor should it be considered a substitute for, professional medical advice. Do not use the information during this live cast for diagnosing or treating any medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have a medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider. You can schedule an appointment at https://www.southdaleobgyn.com/appointments