- This class has passed.
Virtual Class: Labor & Delivery Q&A
January 12 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$40
Due to the pandemic, we understand that patients are having a difficult time accessing affordable classes in the community while maintaining social distancing. In the Labor and Delivery Q&A class, patients and their partners will be able to discuss their expectations about birth in a virtual group setting. The class will be led by our experienced nurse-midwives and will be 2 hours in length. Topics will include:
- Signs and symptoms of labor and when to come to the hospital
- What to expect on admission to hospital
- Options for pain relief (including non-pharmacologic options)
- Explanation of procedures
- Birth preferences and wishes
- What happens when labor does not go as planned
Please note: This is not a class focused on how to cope in labor. We are hoping to be able to offer a labor skills class later this spring or early summer. If you are interested in a course to develop labor skills now, please contact Amma Parenting and ask about the Natural Childbirth class and/or Labor Skills class.