The health and wellbeing of our patients is always our top priority. To assist in social distancing, we are now offering telehealth visits for certain appointment types. To update your appointment to a telehealth visit, schedule a new visit or to change your visit to a later date, please call us at 952-920-7001, schedule online or send a portal message.
The staff and physicians at Southdale ObGyn are asking our patients to partner with us in limiting the spread of COVID-19 by wearing a face covering to your in person appointment.
* Please call ahead of your arrival if you have any respiratory symptoms or have had contact with a person that has tested positive or is suspected to have COVID-19.
We have moved quickly to implement telehealth visits via a free video app for qualifying appointments. Certain health care needs can be provided via video chat without an in-person visit. This service lets us provide the care you need without leaving your home. Our scheduling staff will provide you with the instructions for your telehealth visit when you make your appointment.
Types of Appointments:
- Birth control consultation
- Early obstetric (pregnancy) consultations
- Infertility consultations
- Lactation consultations and concerns including mastitis
- Medication follow ups, adjustments or new prescriptions
- Mood concerns or follow up medical checks
- Perimenopause or menopause consultations
- Review of lab results
- Vaginitis or urinary tract infections
*Please be aware that this visit will result in a charge to your insurance company and coinsurance and deductible will apply.
Office Visit Required
We would prefer to see you in office for these type of appointments.
- Breast concerns (mass or breast lump, pain, nipple discharge)
- Heavy vaginal bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- Prenatal care (see “Modified Plan” below for low-risk patients)
- Postpartum exam
- Postmenopausal bleeding
- Procedures for Colposcopy, LEEP, Nexplanon/IUDs, Endometrial biopsy
- Sexually transmitted infection concerns or screenings
- Surgical consults and preop exams
- Infertility cycles with follicle ultrasounds
- Annual exam/Preventative care visit
- IUD string checks
- MonaLisa Touch®
Modified Care for Low-Risk Obstretric “Prenatal/Postnatal” Patients
Women who are low-risk are being offered this modified schedule to reduce their risk of infection with COVID-19 after counseling on the risks and benefits. The following schedule is at the discretion of your provider. Please work with them closely to ensure you are getting the appropriate care.
- New OB Visit: At 10 weeks with an ultrasound, in-person visit
- 16 weeks: In-person visit
- 20 weeks: In-person, anatomy ultrasound
- 24 weeks: Virtual visit
- 28 weeks: In-person visit
- 30 weeks: Virtual visit
- 32 weeks: In-person
- 34 weeks: Virtual visit
- 36 weeks until delivery 40+ weeks: In-person
- 6-8 weeks postpartum: Depends on needs, work with your provider to decide.