Southdale OB/GYN Consultants provides comprehensive obstetrical and gynecological healthcare for women in all stages of life. In addition to preventative care and healthy visits, we provide care for Infertility, Pregnancy, and Menopause.
- Sonohysterograms - specialized ultrasound for diagnosing problems inside the uterus
- Bone Densitometry (DEXA) - to assess for osteoporosis
- Urodynamics - formal testing to evaluate urinary incontinence
- NovaSure - to treat uterine lining to help with excessive menstrual bleeding
- Endometrial Biopsy - to evaluate abnormal uterine bleeding
- Colposcopy - to diagnose and treat abnormal pap smears
- Electrical Loop Excision (LEEP) - to remove abnormal cervical tissue
- Testing and Vaccination for Human Papillomavirus (HPV) - common sexually transmitted disease that can lead to cervical cancer or genital warts
- Essure© - in-office procedure for permanent birth control
- Implanon - birth control that is implanted in the arm
- Gynecologic Surgeries - including hysterectomy, laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, minimally invasive surgery, urogynecologic procedures and pelvic relaxation repair
The Essure procedure is the first and only FDA approved female sterilization procedure to have zero pregnancies in the clinical trials. The Essure procedure is permanent and is NOT reversible. Therefore, you should be sure you do not want children in the future.
NovaSure uses radio frequency (RF) energy to permanently remove the lining (endometrium) of the uterus, which reduces, or eliminates, future bleeding. The average treatment time is about 90 seconds, and only needs to be performed once to lighten or stop your periods. Most women experience no pain after the procedure, and can return to work and regular activities the next day.
- Low- and High- Risk Care - determined by health and age of patient, previous pregnancies, and baby’s health
- Prenatal Education - guides patients through the process of pregnancy and delivery
- Healthy Pregnancy Classes - conducted in our office as well as off-site
- Ultrasound - including 3D/4D imaging when indicated. Our Ultrasound Department was recently honored with a 3 year certification by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine. This assures that the performance and interpretation of Ultrasounds performed in our practice exceeds nationally accepted standards.
- Fetal Antenatal Testing - to monitor the baby’s heart rate and well-being